Monday 26 November 2018

Sound

Shh sound , Shh sound 2 , Breathing sound , Bullying 1 , Bullying 2 , Heartbeat

All of these sounds I did with a microphone connected to my phone, and used a voice recording app. I have many more sounds recorded but for an example, i have linked these ones here. The 'Shh' sound i have more copies of from different people, and will layer them over one another in the party scene. I will also do this with the breathing sound, and heartbeat sound too to indicate distress and worry, and to show that something dangerous has happened / is happening.

With the 'Bullying 1 & 2' I again have more copies of this sound with other people saying different things, and will have this playing as the protagonist Grace walks down the hallway, to show peoples disgust for her and to increase suspension and tension.

This idea of layering sound over one another is inspired by the 'Stutterer' short film where the sounds are jumbled in his head and are layered over one another and repeated to show his thought process and confusion and distress, and so i thought it would be effective to do something similar in some of my scenes for my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment